Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox won't open

On 23/03/12 18:06, Robert Benjamin wrote:

On 03/23/2012 12:56 PM, lynn wrote:
On 23/03/12 17:44, Robert Benjamin wrote:

On 03/23/2012 12:32 PM, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
On 03/23/2012 05:15 PM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

Things went well til I got this message: FATAL: Could not
read from the boot medium! System halted. What do I do now? Bob

Very easy. Enter the setup of your virtual machine.
There you go to the configuration of your dvd drive.
And then you change your dvd drive to be the win7 32bit iso, that is
on your harddisk.

Then reboot.

Congratulations, you are nearly there!

Eberhard

OK but where do I find the setup of the virtual machine? All I find is
settings and items there but no setup. Thanks. Bob

You have not selected the win7 iso that you downloaded. When you start
the machine by clicking the green start arrow, it will ask you to
select an installation medium. You have not selected your win 7 iso as
the installation medium. It does not find any installation medium
because you have not told it what to use.

Start it again but this time, click the folder icon alongside the
media selection field and then select your win 7 iso.

L x

Started it again but that error comes up right away and stops the
virtual machine. And I can't do anything to find where that folder is
cause it shuts down right away. Hmmmm. Bob

Rather that trying to debug it, delete it and start again. You lose nothing by doing so:-)
rt-click - remove
then click the blue start top left of the vb window.
L x