Re: [opensuse] how to change users home directory

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 23:48 -0400, Dirk Gently wrote:

Anyone who NFS mounts something over all of /home is doing it wrong.

Remote home directories should ALWAYS be mounted individually, and
should be automounted.

Perhaps it is allready been solved, but i remember a scaling problem
with that.
Giving each user it's own nfs-mount works ok, and has also a number of
other nice options (krb, encrypt), but does it also perform for larger
number of users, let say >>1000 ?

(but as said, this could be a thing of the past)

hw

  • Re: unable to install nfs-kernel-server
    ... nfs mounts on other Unices or Linux distros. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Rogue Directory
    ... few NFS mounts on it. ... As root, I typed "mkdir /thresh" and it worked, ... some odd permissions - e.g.: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Free me from the pain of NFS!
    ... I currently have several NFS mounts to share my media between my ... PVR, my workstation, and my neighbour's workstation downstairs. ... That's not entirely true, I do seem to have some nagging problems with updates to our NIS-served /etc/auto.home file not being noticed by autofs sometimes, but that's not a problem you would ever encounter. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Rogue Directory
    ... few NFS mounts on it. ... As root, I typed "mkdir /thresh" and it worked, ... I tried chown, rm, mv and other commands as root, but I can't do ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: flock, fcntl, lockf?