Re: [opensuse] what does 127.0.1.1 mean?

  • RE: Solaris Pam_krb5.so.1 problem after installing MIT 1.6.3
    ... I agree that they could add this entry to DNS, ... be added in the future to avoid rebuilding Samba and installing MIT ... Although if possible I would rather not use Solaris Kerberos ... I did use the net ads join after recompiling Samba and the --dns-update ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Joining XP to Samba PDC (DNS SRV records issues)
    ... 2.- Create UNIX and Samba accounts and passwords for XP users and machines. ... The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location ... - The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS. ... (the root zone) ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Samba wont dance (more info)
    ... changes invoke another contest round for who gets to be the master, ... Watching a friend's all-XP network, over a number of years, has shown me ...  What method is used (hosts, DNS, lmhosts) in which order, ... # This is the main Samba configuration file. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] what does 127.0.1.1 mean?
    ... Then you don't have ddns working _completely_. ... The first is to use 'dynamic dns' where the DHCP server tells the DNS ... I thought SAMBA was acting as a Domain Controller and that the AD was ... but it seems only for the Windows clients. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Samba Access Question {RESOLVED}
    ... Thanks to Ed Wilts for pointing me to the right direction. ... Simran Hansrai wrote: ... >> anything on that side since I thought this was a dns lookup when I do ... >>>>I have a redhat 8.0 box that has samba running on it and a solaris 9 box ...
    (RedHat)