Re: [opensuse] Re: openSuSE does't detect Android cellphone

* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [04-04-12 05:26]:

mount /dev/sdh /mnt
mount : no media found in /dev/sdh

/dev/sdh is the physical disk, not a partition.

mount -t auto /dev/sdh1 /mnt/<some-directory>

ps: It is also advised against mounting to "/mnt"

I get the same messages with my motorola android, but have always been
able to mount the sd card and phone via mpt mode. I recently installed
"AirDroid" and no longer fiddle with usb. Interface is slightly different
but little loss of function, more different methods.

  • Re: [opensuse] Hal & Policy Kit?
    ... I am unable to mount them in 11.2 getting the message "Hal Device Volume ... I'm confused, when you boot 11.2, or any of the other OS's, I ... the drive where the partition should have been mounted, ... cat /proc/partitions ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)
  • 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... proc on /proc type proc ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... system.board.vendor = 'ASUSTeK Computer INC.' ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition
    ... Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition ... If ntfs-3g does come default in ubuntu, you can probably mount the ... on these lists for a couple of years now and should know what to say and ...
    (Ubuntu)