[opensuse] Re: openSuSE does't detect Android cellphone

Le 04/04/2012 14:33, Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* jdd<jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [04-04-12 05:26]:

mount /dev/sdh /mnt
mount : no media found in /dev/sdh

/dev/sdh is the physical disk, not a partition.

not always. My ebook reader do not have partition and mount anyway

mount -t auto /dev/sdh1 /mnt/<some-directory>

say "non existent device" and ls /dev/sdh* shows only sdh

nor fdisk nor yast found any sdh

ps: It is also advised against mounting to "/mnt"

for test only

I get the same messages with my motorola android, but have always been
able to mount the sd card and phone via mpt mode. I recently installed
"AirDroid" and no longer fiddle with usb. Interface is slightly different
but little loss of function, more different methods.

I usually use filexpert and ftp through wifi, but usb is much more convenient and it worked just 4 days ago :-(

thanks
jdd

  • hi, problem with Canyon portable HDD with USB interface
    ... Can't mount Canyon portable HDD with USB interface ... bfa00000-cfbfffff: PCI Bus #01 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how do i use a memory stick on freebsd?
    ... you can add a default mountpoint and mount options for the USB ... FAT file systems correspond to a slice on the device, ... You can mount this device. ... sufficient permissions to the involved files, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Mounting an iPod as an external HDD
    ... (i don't know enough to say if compiling the drivers into ... > How do I mount a USB external drive? ... > I don't know how to mount a USB device. ... I was wondering how I would mount the iPod on my FreeBSD ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Digital Camera Flash Memory wont Mount
    ... Mike McCarty wrote: ... The card reader is a Dazzle USB card reader. ... but does not mount with Debian. ...
    (Debian-User)