Re: [opensuse] Learning Javascript, now what do I do?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:01:50 +0530, Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not really sure to be frank. But one thing I'd like is the ability to
easilly browse cllasses/functions. Especially since it is really the API
libraries that do all the magic, and I am as of yet entirely unfamilar.
ANd once again, I need Javascript. Though I'm aware Eclipse can run in
~Home, I don't like the mess that and other such things make. I prefer
the clean organization and integration that a proper .rpm install does.
Plus, Eclipse packages are available for everything BUT 12.1. Also heard
about Aptana, which looks pretty damn sharp. I'd happily do it myself if
I could figure out OBS or .rpm spec files. I thought Monodevelop had
Javascript support, but it coughs up so many errors I'm afraid to use
it.

why is installing in ~/ messier than putting the app. into different places under /usr/lib or wherever? it's much easier to nuke your ~/eclipse than getting rid of everything eclipse may have installed into various locations, if you should choose to update the packages not from .rpm, but from the eclipse interface itself.

personally i prefer kdevelop for things that can't easily be accomodated in kate. this also gives you browsing capability for classes & functions, etc., apart from syntax highlighting and auto-completion, which is available in kate already.

what i've seen in forums & mailing lists, most serious users of eclipse have always prefered a separate installation, not the .rpm version.

--
phani.

  • Re: [opensuse] Learning Javascript, now what do I do?
    ... ANd once again, I need Javascript. ... the clean organization and integration that a proper .rpm install does. ... Eclipse packages are available for everything BUT 12.1. ... I could figure out OBS or .rpm spec files. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: wxPython installation
    ... I would like to install ... "wxPython2.8" to use with Python ... and Eclipse. ... But when I do: rpm -Uhv ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • wxPython installation
    ... I would like to install ... and Eclipse. ... But when I do: rpm -Uhv ... libgstinterfaces and libgstreamer are already installed on my Fedora core ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • FW: [SLE] YaST Online Update Problem
    ... >>update one of the rpms manually to see if rpm will give you a better error ... >SuSE to try to apply one of the patches? ... >I've always used YaST for Online Updates and for installing new packages. ... Not only that, but at the end of the install, it ...
    (SuSE)