Re: [opensuse] Re: How to install Sun Java?

Am 21.04.2012 13:29, schrieb Joachim Schrod:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-04-21 08:36, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:32:55 -0700, Roger Luedecke wrote:

Since its not included anymore, and a very few things really need it...
how can I install it?

Download it from java.com and run the installer. Apparently that's the
only way Oracle permits it to be distributed now.

There should be a howto for dumbs. Like links, what variables to change on
the user system and how exactly, files to edit if any, things to run
(updatealernatives perhaps?), etc.

Things like how to have both java versions installed and run only certain
things with sun's java...

If someone points me to a specific OS Wiki page, I can add
information for 11.4.
[...]
Something like this:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installing_Java