Re: [opensuse] Re: Problem? Solved? How to download i586/i686 packages needed for x86_64 system but not whole i586 distro?
- From: Stathis Agrapidis <stathisagrapidis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:33:58 +0300
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> [04-20-12 16:48]:
I was thinking about how to specify a list of packages to download and
to be able to specify just updating/downloading the packages needed for
x86_64 system, without the requirement of downloading the entire
package set as well.
Currently, I don't see a way to do this -- since the packages in the
dirs needed for x86_64 seem to be mixed in with the i86 distro --
Unless you have changed zypper configuration, it will do the sorting for
you, ie: do not specify architecture.
zypper in --recommends samba-client
will examine your system and only download/install those packages matching
your system's architecture and requirements (and package suggestions re:
It will dl different packages for x86 and x86_64.
But I am trying to pre-download packages and then use that dir for a local
zypper won't work if I don't populate the local install dir properly...
You can try zypper up --download-only
It will only fetch the packages but not install them, then you can
find the packages at /var/cache/zypp/packages
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: deleting news posts in thunderbird
- Next by Date: [opensuse] tablet pc
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Problem? Solved? How to download i586/i686 packages needed for x86_64 system but not whole i586 distro?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] tablet pc