Re: [opensuse] Re: Problem? Solved? How to download i586/i686 packages needed for x86_64 system but not whole i586 distro?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> [04-20-12 16:48]:

I was thinking about how to specify a list of packages to download  and
wanted
to be able to specify just updating/downloading the packages needed for
an
x86_64 system, without the requirement of downloading the entire
x586/x686
package set as well.

Currently, I don't see a way to do this -- since the packages in the
i[56]86
dirs needed for x86_64 seem to be mixed in with the i[58]86 distro --

Unless you have changed zypper configuration, it will do the sorting for
you, ie: do not specify architecture.

 zypper in --recommends samba-client

will examine your system and only download/install those packages matching
your system's architecture and requirements (and package suggestions re:
--recommends).

It will dl different packages for x86 and x86_64.

Um...

But I am trying to pre-download packages and then use that dir for a local
install dir.

zypper won't work if I don't populate the local install dir properly...

You can try zypper up --download-only

It will only fetch the packages but not install them, then you can
find the packages at /var/cache/zypp/packages