Re: [opensuse] tablet pc

On 04/22/2012 07:48 PM, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My normal home desktop is OpenSUSE 12.1.

I have a tf101 EEE transformer. I too use samba via ES File
Explorer. Plus I also use rsync and a full shell environment from in
terminal on the tf101 via the non-root method provided by Kevin
Boone here:

http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html

I do like the keyboard dock on the tf101 - makes it a bit heavier,
but you can always leave it at home. The docks extra battery
capacity and charging prioritisation/hierarchy are quite useful.

I would want to store a few things from my computer on the tablet. I have lots of pictures that I need for work (the tablet would assist me with presentations). I also have multiple sound files - mp3s mainly - language files that I use for my continual language review in my work. So I would want a way to move them over to the PC. I would not necessarily have to "sync" them, but a syncing mechanism would probably make it more useful.

Then I would also want to move some of my ebooks I have downloaded onto the tablet.

If setting it up with a Samba host is easier, then that is probably the way to transfer files, so I appreciate the tip on that.

  • Re: The Motorola Playbook
    ... Yeah, I mean, a tablet with a real *attached* keyboard input is called ... Guess you never heard of an Asus Transformer, ... I don't know what using an iPad on the shitter has to do with the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Iconia 10.1" Tablets reviews rolling in.
    ... > Transformer, and many others, I chose the Acer over all of them as my ... > Mobile in the Acer is simply the best sounding yet. ... > Video: While not an IPS display, like the iPad or Transformer, the ... No other tablet has all this ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Iconia 10.1" Tablets reviews rolling in.
    ... Transformer, and many others, I chose the Acer over all of them as my ... Mobile in the Acer is simply the best sounding yet. ... Video: While not an IPS display, like the iPad or Transformer, the ... No other tablet has all this ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Iconia 10.1" Tablets reviews rolling in.
    ... Mobile in the Acer is simply the best sounding yet. ... No other tablet has all this ... Transformer, where the video looks horridly choppy. ... despite the overall consistently good reviews by major ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Iconia 10.1" Tablets reviews rolling in.
    ... Mobile in the Acer is simply the best sounding yet. ... No other tablet has all this ... Transformer, where the video looks horridly choppy. ... single review commented on how it compares to the iPad at all. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)