[opensuse] problems with RangePlus WUSB 100 Wireless USB adapter
- From: eddie <eddieleprince@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:58:11 +0100
I've purchased a router and it comes with the RangePlus USB adapter. I've had
it a while and am just now trying to get it working on my laptop. I am using
opensuse 12.1 and KDE 4.7.2
After many hours of frustration and googling, I discovered that I can get my
laptop to "see" the device by running the following commands as root:
modprobe -v rt2800usb
echo "1737 0078" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rt2800usb/new_id
I can then use the device by manually setting the network in yast. It will
then work until I switch off the system but I have to run the command each
time I start my laptop.
My problems are twofold.
a) how can I setup my laptop so that the settings are remembered?
b) how can I setup my laptop so that the module is loaded and the "echo"
command are run at bootup or whenever I plug in the adapter?
2. if I attempt to use a network manager, it displays the wireless device as
being disabled. How can I get the network manager to use the device?
Thanks in advance
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Video card - Nvidia Quadro 600?
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Freeseer not capturing everthing is there a better application?
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] OpenSuSE 12.1: install to USB disk
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Freeseer not capturing everthing is there a better application?