[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Recent hardware incompatibilities
- From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:36:27 +0200
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 14:27, C wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 14:07, Sid Boyce wrote:
Recently I have tried using Asus Sabertooth 990FX and Gigabyte 990FX
motherboards and experienced problems.
They both need IOMMU disabled in the BIOS in order to boot.
Interesting. I've got a Gigabyte 990 motherboard in my current
computer, and I didn't need to disable IOMMU to get it to boot. IOMMU
has been around for years... what kernel version were you having
Ooops... just checked with dmidecode and I've got a GA-990XA-UD3. So
that's probably just enough different than the 990FX....
That said, I can recommend the board... works fine with the AMD Phenom
II X4 965 Black Edition CPU I put in it.
openSUSE 12.1 x86_64, KDE 4.8.2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Skype/Alsa Error
- Next by Date: [opensuse] clearing KDE files
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Messages in duplicate
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Recent hardware incompatibilities