Re: [opensuse] clearing KDE files

On Monday 23 Apr 2012 11:22:01 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> [04-23-12 11:17]:

If you are experiencing slowdowns, lockups, and unresponsive KDE, it could
be a bug in a kded module which I am currently troubleshooting. The
symptoms are intermittently unresponsive global shortcuts such as
ctrl-alt-del, unresponsive Plasma, slow to open KDE file dialog
integration in Chromium, Thunderbird etc. Can you provide more details
on your problem before we move on to slaughtering black fowl over your
keyboard and chanting?

I have an asus laptop exhibiting extreme slow-down with Tumbleweed and
kde4-4.8.2. May be related. It is primarily a test box, what information
would you like. And should this be moved to factory or kde?

If the mouse pointer locks up during the slowdown, it's not my issue.

During the slowdown, does 'qdbus org.kde.kded' hang or return a list of
services? (the content is not important, just whether kded4 answers).

If it responds, it's also another issue.

It's been seen on 12.1 so stay on this list for now until I can determine
which kded module actually causes the bug.

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)

  • Re: [opensuse] clearing KDE files
    ... Will Stephenson pecked at the keyboard and wrote: ... be a bug in a kded module which I am currently troubleshooting. ... And should this be moved to factory or kde? ...
    (SuSE)
  • [kde] Some more weeks of KDE4 usage (was: Re: A week of KDE4 usage)
    ... distros and you'll see that KDE SC isn't as bad as you think. ... I'm not the only one with this bug. ... Which means that _all_ Dolphin instances crash. ... a folder in a dolphin window, but just as I drop it the file list starts ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Whats the official status of 3.5.x, anyway?
    ... It is bullshit when you state that you are being forced to use KDE4. ... many reasons, mostly unconnected with KDE. ... support bug. ... No devs, firefox, konqueror, IE, otherwise, are going to be able to ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?
    ... without logging into KDE 4 a digging around a while. ... There's a big bug about it with lots of votes, ... working in kde4 was a serious blocker to switching, ... The solution here was a script and matching config I hacked up. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... There is a bug for that. ... Panel transparency depends on your plasma theme. ... I do not know how your KDE 3.5 theme ... I don't recall a mention of the kde4 version we're talking about here, ...
    (KDE)