[opensuse] What is our relation with SUSE and Novell etc?

I think I understand how we relate to SUSE and other Attachmate group
companies, but wanted to make sure I had it down. As I understand it,
SUSE/Novell is essentially just another sponsor of openSUSE, and its
developers are essentially just like any other community members.
However I have heard it is SUSE employees that handle bug reports, and I
know that SUSE employs people to work on openSUSE.

I was wanting to write an article clarifying how we are more of a
community than the product we produce, and want to make sure I have the
facts straight.