Re: [opensuse] Still wanting to upgrade to 12.1 ..............

On 2012/04/22 20:59 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

- Can't get my MB sound card to work (Intel ICH7) consistent.

- alsasound will not stay "yes" in the system service levels.

- rcalsasound or alsactl reports (alsa) "inactive" - and - can't get it active.

I have two 12.1 installations on ICH7/82801G. I did nothing personally involving sound configuration on either. Both were fresh installs.

The one with working sound has sysvinit-init installed. The one with non-working sound doesn't. I have no recollection if there's anything else that distinguishes the two other than installation and updates made at different times. According to the release notes (wherever they disappeared to), more than one problem may be solved by installing sysvinit-init, which replaces the buggy immature systemd init system.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/

  • Re: F10 and Pulseaudio
    ... It works out of the box on over the half the installs as long as you have a single well known soundcard. ... On my fresh install of F10 I ... Rhythmbox and mplayer now have sound (but only stereo instead of 5.1 ... IMHO PulseAudio is a poorly documented and overly complex solution to problems most users don't have. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Sound Program missing in xp home
    ... considered adware as it installs behind your back and its purpose is to ... The volume control seen in the notification area is invoked by Control Panel ... If you don't have the Sounds and Audio Devices icon in Control Panel you can ... configure the sound card and install a driver. ...
  • Sony GRT270 sound - will pay to fix !!
    ... I am using Fedora core 1 which installs ok and I have got the ... sound on these style laptops I see it has drive others to drinks too. ... I even installed Fedora core 2 with the 2.6 kernel but sound still ... PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:02.7 ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: [kde] No sound at all with kde
    ... I see this mesage on new installs of slackware and if you have the same ... Check the permissions on /dev/dsp. ... I installed kde some weeks ago, all is working fine now except the ... I have no sound at all and yes Arts is installed (but maybe ...
    (KDE)
  • Nforce2 Audio Device is Installed but doesnt work.
    ... i have a onboard Nforce2 Sound card. ... installs 3 files, ... Nvidia nforce MCP Audio Processing Unit, ... Nvidia nforce Audio Codec Interface, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)