Re: [opensuse] Re: Skype/Alsa Error

Il 23/04/2012 04:24, JC Francois ha scritto:
On 21/04/12 17:34, Marco Calistri wrote:
Hello openSUSers,

I know, I should be opening a bug on bugzilla but I am in hurry so hope
that ALSA/openSUSE people could take in account of this brief report.

It occurs that by starting SKYPE version 2.2.0.35-suse111, my Core i5
laptop freezes and keeps unresponsive for a couple of minutes.

So far I was not understanding the reason of this problem but today I
switched /var/log/messages immediately before to start Skype and I
recorded the error Log in the annex.

It appears an error of compilation of Skype's code as well as ALSA
related issue.

There are newer or patched versions of Skype for Linux around?

Thanks.

Cheers,

I have run Skype on 11.4 and 12.1 forever without problem. Maybe you
could check the following page and make sure that you have all the right
libraries installed?

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype

JC

Hi JC,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I have all the dependencies installed but this does not solves.

Freezing happens only at first launch of SKYPE, then it crashes and closes.

At second launch, it works correctly.

Regards,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.1 (Aspargus) - Kernel 3.1.10-1.9-desktop x86_64 Gnome 3.2.1

  • Re: Anyone using Skype on FC11 ?
    ... After the base sw install, i am getting audio capture& audio playback ... is there any error log for Skype use? ... I don't have oss on my system, yet Skype works just fine. ...
    (Fedora)
  • [opensuse] Skype/Alsa Error
    ... that ALSA/openSUSE people could take in account of this brief report. ... It occurs that by starting SKYPE version 2.2.0.35-suse111, ... recorded the error Log in the annex. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Skype/Alsa Error
    ... It occurs that by starting SKYPE version 2.2.0.35-suse111, ... recorded the error Log in the annex. ... until the process dies After the crash, ... cat /var/log/messages | grep skype ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Skype/Alsa Error
    ... hope that ALSA/openSUSE people could take in account of this brief ... Skype and I recorded the error Log in the annex. ... Freezing happens only at first launch of SKYPE, ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: Skype/Alsa Error
    ... I should be opening a bug on bugzilla but I am in hurry so hope ... that ALSA/openSUSE people could take in account of this brief report. ... It occurs that by starting SKYPE version 2.2.0.35-suse111, ... recorded the error Log in the annex. ...
    (SuSE)