[opensuse] Can't Update while defaulting to IPv6

Hello,

I can't update via Yast or Zypper, as each are attempting to refresh the
software repositories via IPv6 addresses.

Currently using 12.1, 64-bit. I'm NOT on an IPv6 capable network.

Is there an easy way to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Adam Sailer

  • Re: [opensuse] IPv6 and DNS
    ... And they fail (I don't know the timing for this, ... but a second mirror is not tried. ... That is either a zypper or libcurl problem, ... there existed IPv6 addresses, and so could not try them. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] IPv6 and DNS
    ... and the next mirror can be tried. ... That is either a zypper or libcurl problem, ... You could try running a tcpdump to catch ipv6 on port 80. ... would tend to say that is a configuration problem, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Driven to pull my hair out with Firefox
    ... simple page refresh takes care of the problem but not always. ... that said it might be related to IPv6 and that I should disable it in Firefox's ... individual calling himself Anthony Papillion showed up on 9/20. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] IPv6 and DNS
    ... and the next mirror can be tried. ... And they fail (I don't know the timing for this, ... That is either a zypper or libcurl problem, ... that there existed IPv6 addresses, and so could not try them. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Cant Update while defaulting to IPv6
    ... I can't update via Yast or Zypper, as each are attempting to refresh ... I'm NOT on an IPv6 capable network. ... IPv4 route. ... I assume zypper tries ipv4 first, fails, then tries ipv6, ...
    (SuSE)