Re: [opensuse] Can't Update while defaulting to IPv6

Carlos E. R. wrote:
Either way, that sounds like a misconfiguration of sshd. I have IPv6 turned
> off on mine and I can access it via ssh both from within the local lan and
> from outside using NAT and/or port forwarding.
The problem is that the case where there is IPv6 in the local network, but
not in the internet access, is not handled nicely.

There is always IPv6 in the local network, unless you turn it off. Every IPv6 capable device should have an IPv6 link local address, which started with "FE80". However the IP stack should see there's no route off the local network. Also, I've never turned off IPv6 and even when it wasn't available, I never had problems. I've had IPv6 for about 2 years, so it's enabled and works well.

  • Re: Multiple IPs
    ... one is the ADSL router xx.xx.xx.247 and one is the ... I have a Draytek 2820 router which allows me to use these addresses ... You could use only IPv6 on your local network, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Multiple IPs
    ... one is the ADSL router xx.xx.xx.247 and one is the ... I have a Draytek 2820 router which allows me to use these addresses ... You could use only IPv6 on your local network, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: is a NAT device/home router - a router?
    ... >> NAT will no longer be necessary, when IPv6 is commonly used. ... > All new routing hardware will be required and the overhead ... with improved QoS support and others. ... it already has a local network address. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: [opensuse] Advice on gigabit NIC
    ... route out of a computer or local network, ... Does BW have IPv6 available? ... I've been fighting this since I installed 12.2 on some machines, in fact I decided to delay switching from my faithful 11.4 until updates stopped. ... It was only when I tried on another ISP system that the message changed and gave me an error message including an IPv6 address. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: ipv6, kill it once and for all
    ... a bug either in Fedora or more likely a problem with the local network ... Chances are you should report the problem to your ISP or network ... Fedora specific use bugzilla. ... I dare say that for a lot people IPv6 just isn't possible, ...
    (Fedora)