[opensuse] network unavailable (lenovo z570)

My opensuse 12.1 on lenovo z570 cannot find any network interface.
There are indications that the issue could be related to some kernel
module not being loaded or to conflicting modules, possibly connected
kernel 3.1

Here you can find my relevant log files
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8U4m3fuG3lKTDVDeFppWldVdkE

Any hints?
About 'lsmod' command:
Are kernel modules to manage cable (eth0) and radio wave (wlan0)
interfaces diplayed by my 'lsmod' output?
Can one conjecture of any couple of modules clashing?

Thank you
Pol

  • [opensuse] network unavailable (lenovo z570)
    ... My opensuse 12.1 on lenovo z570 cannot find any network interface. ... There are indications that the issue could be related to some kernel ... About 'lsmod' command: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Network Drivers for Intel Motherboard
    ... The motherboard has one RJ45 network interface. ... I just downloaded FC 4 Friday from one of the mirrors that the Fedora website has listed and the kernel is the 2.6.11-1.1369 kernel. ... I have tried installing both Fedora Core 3 and Fedora Core 4 and I can't get the network interface to work with either one. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Kernel messages
    ... I have a question about a disconcerting event relayed to me from my kernel. ... there are eight entries regarding network interface status: ... The disconcerting entries are re sis0 promiscuous mode enabled. ... I've been watching the router security log and ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: mountd has resolving problems
    ... Maybe with the new kernel the network interface is a bit ... time mountd runs, and therefore DNS resolution doesn't work. ... my netwait script to solve this problem: ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • mountd has resolving problems
    ... I have also seen issues with mounting NFS file ... ``by hand'' of the affected file system also worked. ... Maybe with the new kernel the network interface is a bit ...
    (freebsd-stable)