Re: [opensuse] Login password(s) not accepted

On 30/04/12 19:49, Mark Misulich wrote:

[.........]

Hi,
I had this problem after doing a zypper dup and solved it by doing the
following.

I logged in to IceWM instead of KDE. I started yast> software
management> kernel. I downgraded my kernel and rebooted. I selected
KDE at the login screen and KDE started right up.

Once I was back in KDE, I started yast> software management> kernel
and upgraded the kernel. Then I rebooted into the new kernel and KDE
without problem.

The use of another DE is most interesting and something which was already suggested Phanisvara. It sounds like a very good idea to have a standby DE available.

But you don't say which kernel you were running at the time and to which kernel you downgraded. I am only using the kernel which was installed by default and have not upgraded it (like I did do when running the 32-bit version where I was running version 3.3.x of the kernel). So, which version did you downgrade to when you came across this problem?

BC

--
The wise man does at once what a fool does finally.
Niccolo Machiavelli

  • Re: [kde-linux] Fetch Error on exit
    ... This started workin after another relogin into KDE. ... allows an app to tell the kernel to notify it if a file/directory ... when mplayer was hard-locking my intel-based netbook, ... That was quite common with phonon-xine. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Login password(s) not accepted
    ... I downgraded my kernel and rebooted. ... KDE at the login screen and KDE started right up. ... Once I was back in KDE, I started yast> software management> kernel ... installed in a fresh install. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] kraxel kernels, apt and other stuff that has to be upgraded
    ... I have it built into the kernel. ... >and I really hope they will fix it in new builds but I don't think apt ... I downloaded KDE 3.2 from the ... hamradio VOIP. ...
    (SuSE)
  • FreeBSD-CURRENT kernel hangs on starting KDE
    ... Some months ago I installed a FreeBSD-current system on my desktop computer. ... I have been experiencing a problem with FreeBSD-current kernel all the time. ... Some months ago I tried to compile a custom kernel based on GENERIC commenting out the not ... Trying to start KDE caused system crash. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: [kde] Starting kde
    ... is detected by the scsi card but not by the kernel. ... The scsirastools don't seem to need the drives to ... if they had reported the problem and carried on into kde. ...
    (KDE)