Re: [opensuse] Sigs?

On Tue, 01 May 2012 12:45:54 +0530, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Basil Chupin wrote:

However, this is not really the crux of the problem.

I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE
lists - and this is particularly unwholesome because there are no
rules governing what they may contain.

Well, yes there is Basil - whatever rules and conventions we apply to
what you write are also applied to your sig.

Any control as to what they may contain is thrown open to "peer
pressure" whereby some wanker(s) may complain about something written,
and Henne then comes in and bans a person.

As you will recall, Fred was banned from the lists because some
wanker(s) complained about his sig.

Actually, IIRC, he was banned because he was being a stubborn, pig
headed fool.

i received this message off-list, but it applies to the current situation, i believe:

It's a trend I see on the openSUSE mailing lists... when thingsare generally working well for 99% o fthe userbase, the mailing
list ends up being a chatter -zone... Things aren't completely
broken so "we" collectively start to let out attentions wander.

good to know that there aren't many more serious problems around at present :)

really, if you manage to piss off enough people, be that with your signature, your greeting, or with what you write, they will try to get rid of you. big surprise...

--
phani.

  • Re: [opensuse] Video ideas?
    ... Perhaps I should change my sig to "James Hatridge& ... I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE ... Fred was banned from the lists because some ... Simply hitting the delete key or simply putting the person into the bit-bucket message filter is not the solution. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Video ideas?
    ... Perhaps I should change my sig to "James Hatridge& ... I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE ... Fred was banned from the lists because some ... and complain about the CONTENTS of the posts and not about sigs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Sigs?
    ... I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE ... Fred was banned from the lists because some ... Then the only area of contention which people could complain about would be the CONTENTS of posts themselves - and not the sigs attached at the end of the texts of the posts. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Sigs?
    ... I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE ... lists - and this is particularly unwholesome because there are no ... pressure" whereby some wankermay complain about something written, ... Fred was banned from the lists because some ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Sigs?
    ... Basil Chupin wrote: ... I think the problem is that sig *are* allowed in posts to the openSUSE ... pressure" whereby some wankermay complain about something written, ... Fred was banned from the lists because some ...
    (SuSE)