Re: [opensuse] new flash update crashes in seconds watching cnn video

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 01:33:28 PM Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 05/11/2012 09:08 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 11/05/12 16:53, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 05/11/2012 07:16 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 10/05/12 23:59, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Can't remember exactly but most probably I have chosen it myself
among
many other things

OK, fair enough. But out of curiosity, why did you select -default?
Any
particular reason?

Habit I guess, acccept for netbooks I always choose default

OK, thanks.

Now it is getting interesting, with desktop kernel ( 3.3.5-1-desktop )
flash is not crashing ( that is 235) with or without hardware
accelaration. I will need to try it with default kernel as well to see
if there might me a kernel related issue going on.

Does anybody know when the flash crashes where does it dump the garbage

Togan

The new 11.2.x.235 Flash intermitent crashes on different situations. Mostly
when video is redirected to YouTube page from another website( video
embedded). Sometimes on YouTube site you could find one or another crashing (a
reload could make it work ocassionally)

I have been testing it on other sites like Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. It shows more
crashes than YouTube. Not sure why.

So far my tests and reports are coming from openSUSE 12.1 KDE 4.x..x and
GNOME 3 (64 bit often 32 bit less crashes) and Firefox 12.0. I will check soon
other operating systems to isolate it from distros specific packaging as soon
it's possible.

Hope it could give you any idea or leads.

Regards,
--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
openSUSE Linux Ambassador

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.7 | Mesa-Nouveau 3D
Linux for Education