[opensuse] opensuse 11.4 a User in group video has unexpected access to NFS share
- From: Bob Cregan <bob.cregan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 14:10:50 +0100
I have just had a rather confusing experience. I have an NFS mount with permissions as follows.
server1:/var/log # ls -l /mount/
drwxrwx--- 2 user1 group1 32768 May 18 12:54 point
And I noticed that a username "user2" who is not in group1 could enter and write to the area. Lots of experimenting eventually gave the following
user2 could only have this unexpected access to the share if it was in the group "video" (group 33) - when the user was removed from this group access to the share was denied as expected.
I ran in updates and rebooted (the last update prior to this one was 22/04/2012) and the behaviour disappeared. There were no kernel updates and the current kernel version is 220.127.116.11-0.11.1 x86_64.
Has anyone seen anything like this? As far as I know the video group just gives access to various device drivers.
Senior Storage Systems Administrator
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse] My Opensuse 12.1 are slow
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11.4 a User in group video has unexpected access to NFS share
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Upgrading the BIOS - A THANK YOU
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11.4 a User in group video has unexpected access to NFS share