[opensuse] Mounting fuse filesystems from dolphin

I am running OpenSuse 12.1 I have a webdav partition, with a mount
point configured in /etc/fstab, mounted via fuse/wdfs:

wdfs#https://webdav.yandex.ru/ /mnt/yandex fuse
users,noauto,username=myusername,password=secret 0 0

It is listed as "noauto" because my laptop is often not online, and so
I don't want it mounting. Everything works just fine from the command
line: I can mount with "mount /mnt/yandex" and unmount with
"fusermount -u /mnt/yandex"

However, the entry for this mount does not show up in the "places"
list in Dolphin, and I cannot figure out any way to add it there. I
can add the /mnt/yandex folder to "places", but it does not give me an
option to mount it. I also tried device notifier, with the option to
show all devices, but it does not show up as a device, either, even
though other fstab entries (like Windows partitions) do.

Is it possible to mount a fuse partition either from Dolphin or from
device notifier? I'd like to make this accessible to a couple of
non-technical users who know how to use Dolphin, but aren't
comfortable with CLI.

I know about the "network/add network folder" option in KDE, but I'd
like the mount to be accessible to non-kde applications, and so
mounting throuhgh fstab + some gui command is what I need.

Myrosia

  • Re: [opensuse] Hal & Policy Kit?
    ... I am unable to mount them in 11.2 getting the message "Hal Device Volume ... I'm confused, when you boot 11.2, or any of the other OS's, I ... the drive where the partition should have been mounted, ... cat /proc/partitions ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)
  • 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... proc on /proc type proc ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... system.board.vendor = 'ASUSTeK Computer INC.' ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition
    ... Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition ... If ntfs-3g does come default in ubuntu, you can probably mount the ... on these lists for a couple of years now and should know what to say and ...
    (Ubuntu)