[opensuse] Mounting fuse filesystems from dolphin
- From: Myrosia Dzikovska <myrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:10:06 +0100
I am running OpenSuse 12.1 I have a webdav partition, with a mount
point configured in /etc/fstab, mounted via fuse/wdfs:
wdfs#https://webdav.yandex.ru/ /mnt/yandex fuse
users,noauto,username=myusername,password=secret 0 0
It is listed as "noauto" because my laptop is often not online, and so
I don't want it mounting. Everything works just fine from the command
line: I can mount with "mount /mnt/yandex" and unmount with
"fusermount -u /mnt/yandex"
However, the entry for this mount does not show up in the "places"
list in Dolphin, and I cannot figure out any way to add it there. I
can add the /mnt/yandex folder to "places", but it does not give me an
option to mount it. I also tried device notifier, with the option to
show all devices, but it does not show up as a device, either, even
though other fstab entries (like Windows partitions) do.
Is it possible to mount a fuse partition either from Dolphin or from
device notifier? I'd like to make this accessible to a couple of
non-technical users who know how to use Dolphin, but aren't
comfortable with CLI.
I know about the "network/add network folder" option in KDE, but I'd
like the mount to be accessible to non-kde applications, and so
mounting throuhgh fstab + some gui command is what I need.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Problem upgrade OpenSuSE 11.3 to 12.1
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] bash question - why calling 'calc' from script causes "bg" is undefined
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] How to cache openSUSE repositories with Squid
- Next by thread: [opensuse] nVidia driver and kernel 3.4