[opensuse] Where to place boot record on "dual boot" linuxes

I have 11.4 as my primary Linux and I want to install 12.2 beta 1 for testing.

I'm thinking that the boot should be written to the MBR ? or not ?

TIA, Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ

  • Re: Karmic (Beta) Test Installs
    ... Subject: Karmic (Beta) Test Installs ... Jaunty/Karmic can break double boot ... grub 1 is ... instead install over sda using the entire drive. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista RC-1 multiboot warning
    ... Well, it does, but it mangles some files in XP that cause it to boot ... They say, "never install beta code on production systems", I'd add RCx ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: OT - Windows Vista screenshots - possible spoilers
    ... Has anyone here tried a beta version? ... I have it installed in a dual boot system. ... straight forward to install? ... I don't really want an OS that hogs my system that much that my programs slow down. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • .NET CF2.0 cab fails to install when network boot from PB
    ... I need to get .NET CF 2.0 beta on a CE device. ... When I copy the correct cab over to the device and install it with: ... When I network boot via Platform Builder the same image on the same device ...
  • .NET CF 2.0 cab fails to install when network boot from PB
    ... I need to get .NET CF 2.0 beta on a CE device. ... When I copy the correct cab over to the device and install it with: ... When I network boot via Platform Builder the same image on the same device ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)