[opensuse] Re: Getting tired of personal attacks and bad behaviour on thi s list

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:22:07 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:

and why are intelligent people reacting to fools???

Each to their own, some people have more free time than others, some
like to play net-cop, some like to bait the fishies, some just like
beating their chest. My speciality was bullying the bullies and self
appointed net cops, but even I haven't had much time for that in past
couple years, ya know, life 'n all that.

That actually doesn't help the community, either. That causes an
escalation which hurts the community. As I said to "pillowpants", often
people who are angry, frustrated, or whatever act out because they don't
feel they're being heard and their concerns aren't being addressed.

While it's not possible to address every possible concern, it is possible
to learn from those who are angry about something.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson

  • Re: communities on line
    ... science degree student I am writing an essay on virtual communites - basically this involves looking at the arguements for an against the ability of a group on line to become a community as we understand it in the conventional sense. ... I am an avid fan of the Archers and have loved reading all your postings so if any of you have any free time can you tell me your thoughts on whether you as an individual feel part of a community when you go online to chat. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • communities on line
    ... science degree student I am writing an essay on virtual communites - ... reading all your postings so if any of you have any free time can you ... community when you go online to chat. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:=20Finals=20of=20FCS=20?==?utf-8?Q?2013=20?= =?utf-8?Q?will=20be=20streamed
    ... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. ... IF you have the free time for it. ... I think anyone that has been on RSD a little bit knows you ... You ruin this community. ...
    (rec.sport.disc)