[opensuse] OpenSuse multilib

Hi.

Im running OpenSuse 12.1, and now I need to install one application that requires the libc 32 bit library.

Please, can someone tell me if its possible to make Opensuse multilibrary capable?
If it can be done is there any paper explainning how can it be achieved?

Best Regards,
Carlos.

  • Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse multilib
    ... Im running OpenSuse 12.1, and now I need to install one application that ... For libc 32bit it would be the "glibc-32bit" RPM for starters. ... The -32bit suffix is common for the secondary arch rpms. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] so it seems the general consensus
    ... I have a total of 5 computers here running OpenSUSE. ... during install appears to make it impossible to install LVM ... So, for the first time in my life, I'm reverting back to an older ... Until the WoL & partitioner problems are resolved, ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Exporting KMail folders and settings
    ... I am running openSuSE v10.3, and want to install v11.1 on a separate ... I will want to carry over, among other things, the mail folders, ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Server hanging on Xen VM install
    ... I'm running OpenSuse 10.3 with all patches installed. ... However, when I boot into the Xen-PAE kernel, and launch the graphical VM-INSTALL client, the entire server hangs during the installation of software onto the VM. ... But when I actually get through the configuration, and the installer starts to install SuSE on the virtual client's virtual disk, it gets about 20% of the way through, and then the ENTIRE SERVER hangs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] 32 or 64 bit?
    ... ATM I am running openSUSE 10.2 x86_64, but I notice that some programs, ... outside the standard repository tree, are only supplied for 32bit OS. ... Will I be able to install and run these apps? ...
    (SuSE)