[opensuse] Re: leap second?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:23:17 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:

From what i understood, was it not only kernel and ntp-stuff, but it
produced race conditions in mysql and java.

Anyone encountered likewise conditions?

I saw this on one of my 12.1 systems - I run the PS3 Media Server (which
is Java based) and the utilization spiked - it's a 4 core system, and it
reported a consistent 143% utilization by the PMS java processes.

Rebooting the system resolved it.

I didn't see it on an 11.4 system (which also runs the above software),
nor did a SLES10 box I have that runs OES2 and Teaming (which uses
Tomcat) and a couple other java apps on it. Just seemed to be the one
12.1 system.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson