[opensuse] Re: leap second?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:23:17 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:

From what i understood, was it not only kernel and ntp-stuff, but it
produced race conditions in mysql and java.

Anyone encountered likewise conditions?

I saw this on one of my 12.1 systems - I run the PS3 Media Server (which
is Java based) and the utilization spiked - it's a 4 core system, and it
reported a consistent 143% utilization by the PMS java processes.

Rebooting the system resolved it.

I didn't see it on an 11.4 system (which also runs the above software),
nor did a SLES10 box I have that runs OES2 and Teaming (which uses
Tomcat) and a couple other java apps on it. Just seemed to be the one
12.1 system.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson

  • IE ver6 Crashes on specific web sites - possible access problem?
    ... I'm seeing an IE6 crash when I try to access certain web sites. ... consistent i.e. only on certain sites but every time I try to access the same ... A stack trace is dumped to a file and a link is created on my desktop. ... # Java VM: Java HotSpotClient VM ...
  • Re: Disadvanteges of Windowed Register File (like Am29k)
    ... consistent and dependable standard, ... An utterly insane standard would be worse than none, ... IEEE 754, C99 and Java are already well along that line - yes, ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Another Hp49G+ bug? Please see if you get it.
    ... > What would be the most consistent way to combine the two objects? ... How does one do it in Java? ... Remember the old blue friend that came before ... calculator useless. ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: OOP Oversold??
    ... because the signature is consistent doesn't make it less a getter/ ... setter:) My personal opinion that properties are exactly the java ... I didn't like it in java, ...
  • Re: CAPTCHA email images
    ... Java not so much. ... it gets the benefit of JIT compilation in most web ... The quoted 14 Kb/sec is consistent with what I'd ...
    (sci.crypt)