Re: [opensuse] oS 12.1: DSL device are not shown in YaST configuration window

2012. július 3. 8:06 napon Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

Istvan Gabor wrote:

Hello:

I have configured DSL internet connection in openSUSE 12.1.
The network is working, but I can't modify the connection's
properties as the DSL devices window in YaST is empty, that is
it does not show the configured device(s). The providers window
shows the configured providers normally.
I would like to change the connection mode of the DSL device but
I can't since there is nothing to select in the devices window.
This works well in my openSUSE 11.2 system.
Is this a bug in oS 12.1 or am I missing something?
Is there a fix?

If you've also installed the latest 12.1 updates, it sounds like a bug.

I started network config again from zero.
The network card could be configured normally.

Here I the steps of DSL/ADSL device configuration, started from
no device configured.

1. Fig 1: opening the DSL config widow ins YaST, empty:
http://i45.tinypic.com/az8i15.png

2. Clicking "Add" results in Fig 2:
http://i46.tinypic.com/1jrmfp.png

3. clicking "next": Fig 3:
http://i46.tinypic.com/6em6fr.png

4. clicking "next" again, Fig 4, giving provider's data:
http://i50.tinypic.com/9kmqkm.png

5. "next": connection parameters window, Fig 5:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2w4hb1w.png

6. Clicking next in connection parameters window results
in "Configuration" window. See the named DSL device in DSL
tab, and related info in the lower window, Fig 6:
http://i46.tinypic.com/igja8m.png

7. The configured provider in the "providers" tab, Fig 7:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2rw3j7q.png

After this clicking OK completes DSL device configuration.

Checking the configured DLS device, clicking again DSL in YaST:

8. "DSL configuration overview" window with empty DSL devices
tab. Should contain previously configured device. Fig 8:
http://i50.tinypic.com/15vqt1.png

9. the "providers" tab shows the configured provider correctly,
Fig 9:
http://i49.tinypic.com/23horut.png

Since the DSL devices window is empty, I cannot configure/change
how device should connect to the net (at boot, on hotplug, manually).
Even if I configure it as "at boot" I have to connect manually
after logging in. I want the machine to connect to the net
automatically at boot. For example if I restart it from another
computer I want to be able to connect to it again.

Thanks,

Istvan

  • Re: Repost: Code behind events are not firing
    ... IE in a separate window through http. ... unchecked in the file type configuration. ... When a browser runs Word on the command line, ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.vstools.office)
  • Re: Netrek XP 2006 v1.3 released
    ... the Netrek Configuration Utility for this version has ... One of the main features of this version is the ability to change all ... No need to edit your netrekrc ever again. ... and the ability to resize the tactical window to smaller/larger. ...
    (rec.games.netrek)
  • Re: How to send a fax from a scanned document?
    ... The first dialog from this wizard lets me pick what image I want to print. ... Configuration Wizard" and shows a summary of settings. ... You should see a window with the title "Fax Properties" with 5 ... To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: "Start program on connection": It isnt centered
    ... He didn't configure the program with TS Configuration but with Group Policy ... Editor and the program starts with a Window in maximized mode and he can not ... server to designate a program to run upon connection: ... How can I get TS to launch the program with its window ...
  • Re: fvwm vs. fvwm-crystal
    ... Arguably the lightest window manager available. ... A nice, simple, barely need to edit the configuration window ... if I had to choose something to use besides Window Maker it would be ...
    (Debian-User)