Re: [opensuse] oS 12.1: DSL device are not shown in YaST configuration window
- From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:36:39 +0200
2012. július 3. 8:06 napon Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:
Istvan Gabor wrote:
I have configured DSL internet connection in openSUSE 12.1.
The network is working, but I can't modify the connection's
properties as the DSL devices window in YaST is empty, that is
it does not show the configured device(s). The providers window
shows the configured providers normally.
I would like to change the connection mode of the DSL device but
I can't since there is nothing to select in the devices window.
This works well in my openSUSE 11.2 system.
Is this a bug in oS 12.1 or am I missing something?
Is there a fix?
If you've also installed the latest 12.1 updates, it sounds like a bug.
I started network config again from zero.
The network card could be configured normally.
Here I the steps of DSL/ADSL device configuration, started from
no device configured.
1. Fig 1: opening the DSL config widow ins YaST, empty:
2. Clicking "Add" results in Fig 2:
3. clicking "next": Fig 3:
4. clicking "next" again, Fig 4, giving provider's data:
5. "next": connection parameters window, Fig 5:
6. Clicking next in connection parameters window results
in "Configuration" window. See the named DSL device in DSL
tab, and related info in the lower window, Fig 6:
7. The configured provider in the "providers" tab, Fig 7:
After this clicking OK completes DSL device configuration.
Checking the configured DLS device, clicking again DSL in YaST:
8. "DSL configuration overview" window with empty DSL devices
tab. Should contain previously configured device. Fig 8:
9. the "providers" tab shows the configured provider correctly,
Since the DSL devices window is empty, I cannot configure/change
how device should connect to the net (at boot, on hotplug, manually).
Even if I configure it as "at boot" I have to connect manually
after logging in. I want the machine to connect to the net
automatically at boot. For example if I restart it from another
computer I want to be able to connect to it again.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] unclear message after update of java-1_6_0
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] unclear message after update of java-1_6_0
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] oS 12.1: DSL device are not shown in YaST configuration window
- Next by thread: [opensuse] leap second?