[opensuse] Firewall blocking mpd server

Hi,

I'm using openSUSE 12.1 and KDE 4.8.4 on both my desktop machine and my
laptop (a Dell Insiron 1525). On my desktop machine I am running mpd
(Music Player Daemon) which acts as a server to various mpd client
programs. I use gmpc (Gnome Music Player Client) in the GUI, and mpc on
the command line. I can play music on the desktop machine.

What I want to do is run gmpc on my laptop, so that I can control the
music stream from that machine. It works when I disable the firewall on
the desktop machine, so what I'm trying to find out is how to make the
necessary hole in the firewall. The mpd server listens on port 6600.

In YaST:Firewall Configuration:Allowed Services I have enabled rsync
server and ssh (for reasons unrelated to this problem). In Custom Rules,
I have created an entry as follows

Source network: 192.168.1.20 (the laptop's LAN address)
Protocol: TCP
Destination port: 6600
Source port: 6600

When re-enable the firewall, the gmpc client on the laptop is unable to
connect to the mpd server.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I could post the mpd.conf files
if anyone thought that would help, though I think the problem is in the
firewall, as the connection works with the firewall off.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop