[opensuse] Laptop screen goes dark during booting.

Hello
I am newbie to Opensuse Linux operating system. I have installed opensuse os in my computer.
But while booting laptop back light gets turn off. This problem can be solved by 'nomodeset' command in boot option.
But this is giving a very bad resolution  . I tried setting i915.modeset=1 in boot option. But for that also screen went dark .
My computer configurations are the following.

Opensuse 12.1 (64bit)

Laptop model-                          Acer4736z
Graphics/video memory -         Intel GMA 4500M

Please tell me the every step to solve the problem.

Thanking you.

From
Saikat Paik
Kanpur-208016
India --

  • [opensuse] Wireless connections are not started
    ... I've installed Opensuse 11.1 on a Dell Latitude E5400 Notebook. ... But now I have restarted the machine again and again no connection is ... the NetworkManager. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenSUSE 10.3 on Thinkpad T60 ...
    ... also run Virtual Acorn RiscPC-ADJ. ... Today I installed openSUSE 10.3 ... openSUSE does not recognise any of my three USB drives <boo ... Does VirtualBox also have this sharing capability? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] changing runlevel logs out in 12.1
    ... I've just installed openSUSE 12.1, it went smoothly, except for ... Earlier openSUSE versions did not log me out ... when I changed runlevel. ... I don't know iif it is the new expected behaviour, but I take it as a bug. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenSUSE 10.3 on Thinkpad T60 ...
    ... also run Virtual Acorn RiscPC-ADJ. ... Today I installed openSUSE 10.3 under ... openSUSE does not recognise any of my three USB drives <boo ... Does VirtualBox also have this sharing capability? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Windows Vista would not start after installation of openSUSE 11.0
    ... Vista and the 2nd drive was blank. ... I installed openSUSE to the 2nd drive and did not modify the 1st drive ... Windows but when I select Windows the system hangs at a black screen. ...
    (SuSE)