[opensuse] Laptop screen goes dark during booting.

Hello
I am newbie to Opensuse Linux operating system. I have installed opensuse os in my computer.
But while booting laptop back light gets turn off. This problem can be solved by 'nomodeset' command in boot option.
But this is giving a very bad resolution  . I tried setting i915.modeset=1 in boot option. But for that also screen went dark .
My computer configurations are the following.

Opensuse 12.1 (64bit)

Laptop model-                          Acer4736z
Graphics/video memory -         Intel GMA 4500M

Please tell me the every step to solve the problem.

Thanking you.

From
Saikat Paik
Kanpur-208016