Re: [breezy] "The X system keyboard settings differ from your current GNOME keyboard settings."

On 1/4/06, Giorgos <pinkisntwell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 09:22 -0500, P Jones wrote:
>
> > So, I need to compare /etc/X11/xorg.conf and what other file?
> >
> > -P
> >

> A good place to start would be the InputDevice sections. Compare the
> keyboard and mouse settings with your System->Preferences for Keyboard
> and Mouse.

So, to fix the problem I logged out of gnome, then logged in as myself
in a TTY and renamed my .gnome2 directory as .gnome2_old . Then I
logged back in to gnome, and did not receive any keyboard warning. So,
logged out of gnome, switched back to the TTY, deleted the new .gnome2
directory and renamed the old one back to .gnome2, and logged back
into gnome. Problem fixed. The only problem I have now is that I have
no idea why this little sequence of events fixed anything...

-P

  • Re: Xfce: 2 + 1 questions
    ... includes a launcher on top of the menu. ... This is caused by the upgrade from GNOME 2 to GNOME 3. ... When using gcalctool it's needed that the "," for the Num keyboard only ... For the other settings I've had success in the past with setting the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3
    ... Do you people actually work with Gnome 3. ... actually work just as fast with the mouse as with the keyboard. ... screen to select the icon if it happens to be on the ... all the windows are overlapping. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Paradigm shift going from Gnome2 to Gnome3
    ... Do you people actually work with Gnome 3. ... actually work just as fast with the mouse as with the keyboard. ... screen to select the icon if it happens to be on the ... all the windows are overlapping. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: gdm3 cancels/ignores Control/CapsLock swap
    ... gdm3, the keys are _not_ swapped any more. ... Do you have GNOME installed? ... I don't know where the gdm3 settings for keyboard are defined. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Spanish Keyboard Layout in GNOME
    ... I installed with the GNOME Desktop option. ... What I'm having problems with is with the "Keyboard Indicator" applet: I need to use a keyboard that has accents (for Spanish work) and I added the applet to a panel to be able to change to the appropriate keyboard. ... I can even switch to the layout and the "dead keys" work. ...
    (GNOME)