Re: Gnugpg

C Hamel wrote:

>On Tuesday 2006 January 31 18:40, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:
>

>>C Hamel wrote:
>>

>>>How is it that GPGME was compiled w/o backend support??  Is no ubuntu user
>>>interested in encryption/signing?  I think that is highly unlikely so
>>>would appreciate, once more, someone's solution.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>

>>Is your Ubuntu installation completely up-to-date?  I had the same
>>problem before I updated.
>>
>>aptitude update
>>aptitude dist-upgrade
>>
>>--
>>Brant Fitzsimmons
>>brant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>I was afraid you were going to ask that...!  The answer is an unqualified
>'No!'  The emphasis comes from the fact that, aside from Mandrake 9, every
>last distro I upgraded --read, SuSE 8.2, 9 Pro, 9.1, 9.2, Gentoo-- all were
>virtually unusable post-updating.  Lots of stuff broke and I finally gave up
>trying to fix what was not broken before I started doing the updates.  ...And
>that update process took place before I did any customizing.  Consequently,
>I'm loathe to break an otherwise-working distro.

Unfortunately it will not work without an update.  It was a known
problem when breezy was released that was fixed a week or so later.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
brant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... >>>C Hamel wrote: ... >>>Is your Ubuntu installation completely up-to-date? ... >>>Brant Fitzsimmons ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... > C Hamel wrote: ... >>>Billy Pollifrone wrote: ... >>>Works on 1.0.7 on Ubuntu Breezy. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... Brant Fitzsimmons wrote: ... >>>Works on 1.0.7 on Ubuntu Breezy. ... >>>IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ... I didn't scroll down far enough to see your response. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock
    ... but then I wouldn't get ANY package upgrades). ... Can you not do something much like to 'aptitude update && aptitude ... guest box over here for a couple of months, and I installed Ubuntu ... Edgy on it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... Is no ubuntu user ... >>interested in encryption/signing? ... > Is your Ubuntu installation completely up-to-date? ...
    (Ubuntu)