Re: Gnugpg

On Wednesday 2006 February 01 06:31, Peter Garrett wrote:
<SNIP>

> That's unfortunate. I have used Warty, Hoary and Breezy and kept them up
> to date with
>
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> without any problems at all. Before that I ran Debian Woody and Sid, using
> the same approach, again without problems.
>
> Perhaps you should trust Ubuntu more than you seem to?
>
> Not updating means you are vulnerable to security issues, and missing out
> on possible bug fixes. I use only main, universe and multiverse
> repositories, and have had no problems. Third party repositories are of
> course a different matter.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> 'If I ever saw an animated penguin with a speech bubble saying,
> "It looks like you're trying to edit fstab",
> I'd switch to BSD faster than a speeding Gentoo user.'
> -- Paul Hudson
Yep... something's busted.  Post-upgrade.  See my OP w/subj line,
"gst-register...??"
--
        ...CH

  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... C Hamel wrote:> I was afraid you were going to ask that...! ... The emphasis comes from the fact that, aside from Mandrake 9, every ... Hoary and Breezy and kept them up to date with sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade without any problems at all. ... Third party repositories are of course a different matter. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Q] upgrade Flight-6 to Flight-7?
    ... sudo apt-get upgrade ... I upgraded from breezy to dapper this way by changing all reference to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Gnugpg
    ... Hoary and Breezy and kept them up> to date with ... > sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade> ... Third party repositories are of> course a different matter. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: find and install the latest package
    ... how can i search and install the latest version of a package without ... sudo apt-get update # updates package cache ... packages such as the ones you mentioned are very close to current. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: booting problem
    ... $ sudo apt-get upgrade ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)