Re: Busted mplayer

C Hamel wrote:
> Mplayer (CLI-invoked) will not play an audio stream.  I invoked it and left=
Which version of mplayer are you using, the use from breezy or current
dapper?

> The above stream works flawlessly within Gentoo's MPlayer 1.0pre4-3.3.4.  T=
> he=20
> outputs are below, which might help illustrate what is happening.
This is a quite ancient version of mplayer.

> Gentoo's output in konsole, minus some header info:
The header info would have been interesting as well.

Try the option '-ao alsa', if this doesn't help, try '-ao oss'. If both
don't help, please file a bug, and make attachment of full output of
mplayer

Greetings,
	Reinhard

  • Re: RealPlayer help needed. - follow-up
    ... I have mplayer installed it will play video with sound. ... to play audio streams in firefox, mplayer opens up and the audio stream ... The suggested installation instructions left me as before; ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RealPlayer help needed. - follow-up
    ... I have mplayer installed it will play video with sound. ... to play audio streams in firefox, mplayer opens up and the audio stream ... The suggested installation instructions left me as before; ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: sx audio stream only for windows??
    ... There some address for audio stream that work only for windows, ... with MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.2.3 ... after hear the first song I get the next error: ... Uninit audio filters... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Anyway to get rid of the gui of realplay?
    ... With mplayer you can set how much is cached before playing. ... That'll bypass your "not playning as well as realplay" problem. ... No audio stream found -> no sound. ... but I can use realplay to play the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: sx audio stream only for windows??
    ... There some address for audio stream that work only for windows, ... If you put the above address in the "winmedia" we hear an introduction of a radio and then the music, but with "mplayer" or "aviplay" we just hear the introduction of the radio and nothing more. ... Ok, so what can be the problem, I tried with options of "nocache" and "cache-min" and also not work after the first song. ... Uninit audio filters... ...
    (Debian-User)