Re: Problem!

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:28:42 +1100
Sasha Tsykin <psychosushi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

have set my mail browser to top quote automatically, because that is
what most windows users use and they don't often go to the bottom of
messages looking for replies. They just ignore the message and assume it
only has content which they wrote.

My solution to this is to insert a "top message" for non-list or non-geek
mail ;-) Thus:

Hi, $non-geek-person,

Please see my commnets interspersed in your text below.

[ suitably snipped and edited content ]

[ sign off at the bottom ]

Seems to work OK

Peter

--
'If I ever saw an animated penguin with a speech bubble saying,
"It looks like you're trying to edit fstab",

  • Re: WHY THE FORMAT CHANGE???
    ... that thread was moved to the first position in the Group. ... replies chronologically. ... as a tree and new replies are added to the end of the tree, ... added to the bottom, like the Mathworks newsreader does it, but now ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Top posting vs Bottom posting
    ... becomes really bad when some replies are more than a page long because ... Weeding through top-posts makes me want to kick someones ... A mixture of top and bottom posts! ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WHY THE FORMAT CHANGE???
    ... replies chronologically. ... You have interpreted it as referring to the position of a reply within ... of the tree, at the bottom. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: List etiquette question
    ... people not deleting unrelevant parts from quoted text. ... be it top or bottom posting. ... there is no need to stumble through complete quotes of previous ... often finding myself simply skipping top-posted replies. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Strong name signing question!
    ... some people put replies at the bottom of the post. ... have strong feelings on the matter and occasionally make those feelings ... assembly uses a 3rd party controls so I end up distributing their ...