Re: WEP encryption does not work

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:30:33PM -0800, Camuzat Sebastien wrote:
I have to disable WEP to be connected with my wlan.

Hi Seb,

If the above is true, then the problem is almost certainly
quite simple: you don't have a WEP key on your wireless
access point. If your access point needed WEP, then you
couldn't access it without that key.

Or do you mean that if you turn off WEP, you then connect to
a different, unencrypted access point?

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • RE: Dumb question abt. Wireless WEP security
    ... I don't know if the technology improved any, but when deploying wireless ... You can use WEP in coordination with other ... technologies, VPN, IPSEC, etc to make your network more secure. ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Wireless ISPs
    ... If they put WEP in, that's one more thing for customer to do and they'll ... Therefore end-user security ... Im using this venue to influence several wireless ISPs ... >> All transactions done via secure websites are ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: wireless PC connected to network connection
    ... >network while watching the router log. ... >wireless pc had connected (obviously not the unidentified one whose MAC ... >the Axim, put in the new WEP info, and connected again. ... Why the frequent connections? ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • RE: Wireless wep crackin on windows
    ... Airsnort on windows is limited. ... mode under windows to capture the WEP packets. ... distro focused on pentesting and wireless. ... knoppix-std and mine is usability card autodetection by kismet etc etc. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Wireless and "not so much on" internal attacks
    ... 128bit WEP. ... The question about internal attacks stems from the fact that customers have ... Wireless and "not so much on" internal attacks ... While on the network an attack would become more of an ...
    (Security-Basics)