Re: 2 USB related questions: Very Wierd Behaviour
- From: Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:17:21 -0400
Hello all, I have Ubuntu 5.10 installed on my Toshiba
Satellite M45-S169. I am experiencing some oddities
with regards to the USB ports on this machine.
I have 3 USB 2.0 ports, but Ubuntu device manager sees
it as 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 1.1 ports. Any ideas as to
why this may be?
I can't say I know _why_, but I do know my system has never reported the
same number of ports as I expect, yet they all work as USB2, so I think you
should try high-speed devices in all your ports and see if there really
_is_ only one USB2 port.
I started noticing this when I tried
to work with a USB mouse, (which is apparently not
possible to reliably do),
It certainly is. I use one routinely.
That brings me to the second USB related question: as
far as the external HD goes I also have firewire
available to me, but which is better? USB 2.0 or
That's a religious question :-) Probably, the Firewire port is
_technically_ better. I bet that, in most cases, a USB device will be
ubuntu-users mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: Dapper Flight 3 Apt Sources.list
- Next by Date: Re: FreeNX and Live Session
- Previous by thread: 2 USB related questions: Very Wierd Behaviour
- Next by thread: breezy xorg 6.9/7