Re: wep & give up ubuntu

Camuzat Sebastien wrote:
Hi everyone !
Im very disappointed because I will have to give up
ubuntu, on my 2 computers.

In fact within a few days, Ill move my computers in a
place where internet connexion is wireless only.

Under Ubuntu I did not solve the wep encryption, and I
do not want to deactivate (wep) encryption.

Ive tried gtkwifi, kwifimanager, tips given in this
mailing-list, nothing works. Two cards, one intersil
recognized out of the box, the other works with
ndiswrapper.

My router does not allow dhcp when the signal is
encrypted by ubuntu.

I do not understand. I use my laptop with 2 nic's. 1 at work with gigabit cable and 1 at home with wep. Both work flawlessly in regardi to network access. ( i have a centrino laptop)

my /etc/network/interfaces regarding eth1(wireless) :

auto eth1

iface eth1 inet dhcp
wireless-essid <insert ESSID here>
wireless-key <insert hexvalue here>

Sincerely
Max Andersen

  • Re: wep & give up ubuntu
    ... Hit the wireless card, pick the network you want to connect to, enable ... Under Ubuntu I did not solve the wep encryption, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Exporting PM7 file to something useful on OS9?
    ... Not a /lot/ easier than with MacOS X, but it's hard to see how anyone ... since stuck XP and Ubuntu on it, defaulting to Ubuntu and set him up ... I suspect your best bet would be to get him educated about computers, ... If he's using MacOS 9, you should get him sorted out with the Launcher, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Nvidia help pls ...
    ... I sure was interested in computers but I had trouble with relating to ... again) that listed a ton of different Ubuntu Nvidia items to dl. ... I'm hoping that following the above install page is all I need. ... I don't know as I haven't had luck dl from repositories even using ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: wep & give up ubuntu
    ... do not want to deactivate encryption. ... My router does not allow dhcp when the signal is ... I'm using Ubuntu here with WEP and MAC filtering, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [OT] Video Driver box
    ... At this point I have 4 computers - a linux file server, ... How's Ubuntu working out for ya? ... Isn't the whole point of a file server to do file storage? ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)