partman-auto raid recipie
- From: Carl Karsten <carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:29:26 -0600
I am trying to make a "partition recipie" to create a raid1 volume:
/dev/sda1 1 62 497983+ 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda2 63 1169 8891977+ fd Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdb1 1 8678 8886256 fd Linux raid autodetect
/dev/md0 = sda2 + sdb1 - raid1 - mount /
Might want to do raid0 if the install will run quicker. (just testing things right now, the resulting install won't live for more than a few hours.)
"It is currently not possible to partition multiple disks using preseeding nor to set up RAID or LVM. Copyright © 2004, 2005, 2006 the Debian Installer team
but then http://packages.debian.org/unstable/debian-installer/partman-auto-lvm says: "Automatically partition storage devices using LVM"
So I am not really sure what can/can't be done.
ubuntu-users mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: problem with wireless card
- Next by Date: Re: You've lost your work dialog
- Previous by thread: SMB4k unable to mount shares
- Next by thread: xgl + vino/vnc = broken?