services & printer
- From: G Rajesh <ganesanrajesh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:03:36 +0530
1. I have three computers at my office. I would like to share the
printer. I understand that it could be done by editing /etc/cups/~
files, but I am missing a graphical utility/option that can do this
easily - like in fedora: Just click/select the printer and say it is
sharable by such&such hosts. Once such proposal is made here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrinterSharing?highlight=%28printer%29 but I am
not sure after reading this
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+specs whether it will be
implemented in dapper?
2. Similarly how about a graphical tool to configure boot/shut down
scripts. I really want to stop all those services that I may not use. I
know that BUM is available, but it seems to adjust only the start up
scripts only - because at the shut down time lot of error messages
appear which is really confusing (irritating?).
Can someone throw light on my request/apprehension? Thanks in advance.
ubuntu-users mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: how to setup /run telnet server
- Next by Date: Re: Mac Mini (powerpc), Airport Extreme, dapper, and bcm43xx
- Previous by thread: inetd
- Next by thread: Can't find kernel source when installed Wacom drivers