services & printer

Hello,
1. I have three computers at my office. I would like to share the
printer. I understand that it could be done by editing /etc/cups/~
files, but I am missing a graphical utility/option that can do this
easily - like in fedora: Just click/select the printer and say it is
sharable by such&such hosts. Once such proposal is made here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrinterSharing?highlight=%28printer%29 but I am
not sure after reading this
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+specs whether it will be
implemented in dapper?
2. Similarly how about a graphical tool to configure boot/shut down
scripts. I really want to stop all those services that I may not use. I
know that BUM is available, but it seems to adjust only the start up
scripts only - because at the shut down time lot of error messages
appear which is really confusing (irritating?).
Can someone throw light on my request/apprehension? Thanks in advance.
Bye,
Rajesh

  • Re: Stale Records...
    ... but I created the scripts at work (ie. ... To get a list of all the (PTR) records and place them into a text file, ... Now you should have two Dictionary objects containing live computers. ... records and delete any incorrect records. ...
  • Re: EXAMPLE -- Re: Strange issue with `CHOMP not working...
    ... Computers are not random. ... Then, obviously, there is nothing wrong with the scripts you wrote, and ... I asked for suggestions, and received one good suggestion to check the ... I then reviewed the module and found a bug (not certainly related to ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Bog basic- getting pcitures to iPad
    ... You have to understand that my soul still belongs to CP/M. ... I'm so glad I got started in big computers with MSDOS3 - not because ... I'd write TV scripts in Protext ... But thanks for the habitual useful reply. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Communication between python scripts
    ... > computers communicate with each other? ... have the scripts update web-pages which can be accessed by the other script ... socket server which can be used to query their ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Mass Machine Login
    ... I once looked after a lab of UNIX machines. ... can send you my scripts. ... has 75 computers all on the same vlan and we would like to login ... >Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)