Re: Firefox & Thunderbird fonts

On Thursday 13 April 2006 4:25 pm, Keith Powell wrote:
I have just downloaded the latest upgrades for my Dapper Flight5,
and I now have a problem with fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird.

The "body" fonts in both programs are now *very* small serif and I
can hardly read them. Headers, message lists, etc, are still as
they were before. In fact, I am having some difficulty in seeing
what I am typing!

All font settings are as they were and I cannot find any way of
making the body fonts larger and sans-serif.

Just to repeat, I have checked the system font settings and the
font settings in Firefox and Thunderbird, and they are exactly the
same as they were before.

I have done a test of reinstalling Dapper on a spare hard drive. No
problems with the fonts. Then I upgraded it, using a CD which had all
the upgrades on, including today's. however, I didn't upgrade Firefox
or Thunderbird from the CD. Fonts went bad again. So it definitely
appears to be an upgrade which is causing it. But which one?

Any ideas, please, and I will downgrade that package again.

Many thanks

Keith

  • Re: fonts not working in firefox/ icedove
    ... matthew yee-king wrote: ... I recently did an apt-get upgrade on my i386 etch system and now the ... font rendering in icedove and firefox seems to be broken. ... I have switched to nv and now the fonts are fine. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fonts not working in firefox/ icedove
    ... matthew yee-king wrote: ... I recently did an apt-get upgrade on my i386 etch system and now the ... font rendering in icedove and firefox seems to be broken. ... I have switched to nv and now the fonts are fine. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Font smudges when libreoffice dependencies are installed
    ... some fonts are also installed. ... but it produces a lot of smudges in thunderbird and / or ... but it also appears on firefox. ... It *only* appears with Thunderbird and Firefox. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: News programme
    ... I'll recommend Thunderbird for both mail and news, since Thunderbird is fully compatible with the OS X Speech Recognition. ... If you can use a monitor with either large fonts or use ZoomView for enlargement, I'll still recommend Thunderbird - or maybe even the all-in-one Seamonkey - mail/news/web... ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: [SLE] APT update - anti aliasing problem maybe...
    ... Firefox and Thunderbird. ... >> and selected Use KDE Style and Fonts. ... I reverted to old 2.1.9-4 but have problems with small fonts. ...
    (SuSE)