hardwareconfiguration 30ac93365ea47d8c2f82cbda090fa8cb (satellite 4100XCDT)

Dear all,

I am new to Ubuntu and I send the configuration before I was ready.
Using a Toshiba Satellite 4100XCDT.
For the laptop to show on the complete screen (it only used 3/4 of it
after default install and then only at 800x600) I had to change the
settings of the monitor to have it run on the whole screen in 1024x768:
HorizSync 31.5-50
VertRefresh 50-70

The screen section was altered to:
DefaultDepth 16
and at that section the mode 1024x768 was selected

I added (when reading through other's experiences) to the device
section:
Option "accel"
but I cannot see or test whether this has helped.

Hope this helps anyone else with this laptop.

  • Re: Migrate Ubuntu to a bigger disk on a laptop
    ... I have ubuntu 8.10 running on my laptop. ... It is a 40gb disk. ... take the pkg list file from remote machine and pipe it through ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop
    ... :P My first exposure to ... My laptop has had a number of installs on it. ... Ubuntu is what it shipped with. ... to Debian, partially for consistency. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ubuntards
    ... not a chest beater so dont feel the need to add them all to things like my ... Actually, Slackware, RHEL, Solaris, no more AIX thank god, but ubuntu is ... 3rd boot option in laptop, you see i dont dis a distro without trying it ... building all the gnome packages for slack, as I am a great fan of gnome ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: to download ubuntu!
    ... might mean better download performance. ... ubunto for my new laptop, ... download ubuntu online. ... Search Engine Optimization ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Memory management
    ... performance problems on my laptop. ... I upgraded to Dapper hoping that some improvements for laptop ... And indeed after installing another 256 MB of memory ... Instability and bad performance occured after migration to Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)