hardwareconfiguration 30ac93365ea47d8c2f82cbda090fa8cb (satellite 4100XCDT)

Dear all,

I am new to Ubuntu and I send the configuration before I was ready.
Using a Toshiba Satellite 4100XCDT.
For the laptop to show on the complete screen (it only used 3/4 of it
after default install and then only at 800x600) I had to change the
settings of the monitor to have it run on the whole screen in 1024x768:
HorizSync 31.5-50
VertRefresh 50-70

The screen section was altered to:
DefaultDepth 16
and at that section the mode 1024x768 was selected

I added (when reading through other's experiences) to the device
section:
Option "accel"
but I cannot see or test whether this has helped.

Hope this helps anyone else with this laptop.