Re: D-Link DWL-G630 WiFi Card

On Monday 15 May 2006 09:54, John van V. wrote:
I was really happy to see the both lights on my D-Link DWL-G630 light up
when I booted the CD, but I was unable to actually login.

not sure exactly how you go about this with the live cd setup but you need to
compile your own drivers for this card, ubuntu shows the device correctly out
of the box but it wont work. with the same card i've used this guide to get
everything working http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=132980&page=2
to compile you'll need the build-essential, kernel-sources, kernel-headers.
just make sure you use the /etc/Wireless/RT61STA/rt61sta.dat for your config
changes and not the ubuntu network GUI as it will stuff things up. good luck

--
ben