Re: D-Link DWL-G630 WiFi Card

On Monday 15 May 2006 09:54, John van V. wrote:
I was really happy to see the both lights on my D-Link DWL-G630 light up
when I booted the CD, but I was unable to actually login.

not sure exactly how you go about this with the live cd setup but you need to
compile your own drivers for this card, ubuntu shows the device correctly out
of the box but it wont work. with the same card i've used this guide to get
everything working http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=132980&page=2
to compile you'll need the build-essential, kernel-sources, kernel-headers.
just make sure you use the /etc/Wireless/RT61STA/rt61sta.dat for your config
changes and not the ubuntu network GUI as it will stuff things up. good luck

--
ben

  • Re: video card
    ... My desk top has a Nvidia Vanta/ Vanta card and I want to switch it over to ... something better and Ubuntu friendly. ... choose card, choose Linux I believe), but you shouldn't need them. ... drives whether the Bios detects them or not. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Desktop OS: To be or not to be...
    ... two monitors on each card. ... So having>1 volume control makes no sense. ... I think I've had X crashes about 3 or 4 times since I moved to Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • wusb54gsc on ubuntu, was:Back to ubuntu
    ... but not in regular ubuntu 6.06 or any other version of ubuntu? ... so i attempted to compile the drivers on ubuntu 7.04, ... that under kubuntu 6.06 you were using a compatible kernel, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Wireless Help
    ... My wireless card is a Intersil ... It is identified by Ubuntu at install and Prism 54 driver ... I think the USB wireless has now fried itself. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Wireless ethernet cards & ubuntu 10.4
    ... I need to get one for my dad's new Ubuntu box since his new home ... I have an Intel Wireless N card. ... our available music + 3 of Greg Amov's solo albums + ... Systems Theory project website: http://systemstheory.net ...
    (Ubuntu)