Ubuntu Security and 2 nic's

I have an a Ubuntu setup with 2 nic's. I have some computers trying to
communicate with a ip address that we filter out of our router. I have
created a VLAN of the offending ip address and I now have eth0 on Ubuntu
box assigned to that IP. For logging purposes I want to be able to
connect to the box on another nic and see the traffic that is coming
into the nic with the offending ip. I WANT to make sure that traffic is
not routed between the 2 nic's how can I do that. I do not want any
routes or bridging to happen between the 2 nics. Any advice on how to
do this?

Thanks,
-T

  • Re: Ubuntu / HP Thin Clients / LTSP
    ... clients up and running? ... - boot from the Ubuntu alternate CD ... both my NICs got assigned 192.168.0.1 although ... the install proceeded just fine and did indeed have net access. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Where i can find drivers for ubuntu?
    ... ...not usually a desired solution given the fact that NICs ... and plugged in their router and it worked and so they said there is no ... how Ubuntu works with that particular NIC. ... worked or how to install windoze drivers and use ndiswrapper) I don't ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • 11.10 detects no NICs running in Xen domU
    ... So I've done a considerable amount of googling and reading the last 2 ... and finally figured out how to configure dom0 xen for 2 NICs. ... And I have confirmed with a CentOS 5.8 domU that the NICs are working. ... But damned if I can get them working under Ubuntu 11.10. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: PCI controller issues and stable Debian vs latest ubuntu
    ... I've got other NICs here. ... My previous experience installing ... the ubuntu suggest that there seems to be a conflict ... get a hardware person to help me resolve that. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Setting Up a Router:
    ... My old Windows Computer ... If you don't see the wireless network, ... detected and handled by your Ubuntu system. ... It goes through the router to my other computer, ...
    (Ubuntu)