Re: sshfs - fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: Permission denied

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sshfs user@hostname: mount_point/
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: Permission denied
I've added my user to the fuse group;

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sudo adduser user fuse

I've changed the group of /dev/fuse to fuse (from bug# 5105)

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sudo chgrp fuse /dev/fuse

The shell from which you ran "sshfs" probably doesn't "know" that
you're in the fuse group. Try logging out and logging back in; or if
that's too tedious, try "su - user" to get a new login.

In any case, you can check which groups you're currently in by running
the "id" program. If that program doesn't show "fuse" as one of the
entries, sshfs won't work.

--
When I just need to kick back after a long day of changing 1.s
into 0.s and 0.s into 1.s, nothing satisfies my primal fish urge