Re: sshfs - fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: Permission denied

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sshfs user@hostname: mount_point/
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: Permission denied
I've added my user to the fuse group;

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sudo adduser user fuse

I've changed the group of /dev/fuse to fuse (from bug# 5105)

user@linuxlaptop:~$ sudo chgrp fuse /dev/fuse

The shell from which you ran "sshfs" probably doesn't "know" that
you're in the fuse group. Try logging out and logging back in; or if
that's too tedious, try "su - user" to get a new login.

In any case, you can check which groups you're currently in by running
the "id" program. If that program doesn't show "fuse" as one of the
entries, sshfs won't work.

--
When I just need to kick back after a long day of changing 1.s
into 0.s and 0.s into 1.s, nothing satisfies my primal fish urge

  • Re: sshfs and permissions of /dev/fuse
    ... ownership root:fuse, so the fuse group has to exist on your system. ... Install of fuse-utils, sshfs was successful. ... Try "modprobe -v fuse" (unload the module first if it is already ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sshfs and permissions of /dev/fuse
    ... install sshfs. ... Even a sudo modprobe fuse doesn't result in anything. ... so the fuse group has to exist on your system. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: /dev/fuse has wrong permissions?