Re: advice getting jre installed
- From: "Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.c.bell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:56:55 -0500
On 6/29/06, deadgobby <ulist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try running Automatix. Read first before Dl and installing.
I've heard nothing but horror stories about Automatix. I'd recommend
EasyUbuntu instead. In fact, ubotu, the official support infobot
of the #ubuntu IRC channel has this to say about Automatix:
"automatix is a script that automates installation of some items and
has been reported to break your system while doing that, please see
http://help.ubuntu.com and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentation
Suffice it to say that Sun's J2SE 5.0 Release 7 is already packaged in
the Multiverse repository for Ubuntu. There is no need to install any
RPM package. The only caveat is that you will need to manually
download the jdk1.5.0-doc.zip file and copy it to /tmp before
installing the sun-java5-doc package.
 http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/index.html - Link in the upper right.
"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford. I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."
ubuntu-users mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: GPL compliance
- Next by Date: Re: Upgrading to Edgy Eft
- Previous by thread: Re: advice getting jre installed
- Next by thread: Re: advice getting jre installed