Re: Ubuntu has corrupted my file !

  • Re: Norton Ghost 2003 and FC3
    ... rendering older tools (Ghost 2003, Partition Magic 8.0) unable to deal ... Why is Redhat's EXT3 incompatible with Mandrake? ... > space on my partitions (by filling the file systems with big files ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: which to use: ext3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS? [Was: new user question: debian on a Thinkpad T61]
    ... I am trying to decide on which file systems to use for a Debian ... ext3 mounts and unmounts slowly, ... JFS performance degrades on larger filesystems, ... ReiserFS can be flaky on a system crash. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "Forever" fsck?
    ... I understand the benefit of a reformat. ... NTFS (or anything else other than ext3)? ... clears the partition, it gives the IDE smarts a chance to remap iffy ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Ubuntu has corrupted my file !
    ... AFAIK only non-journalling file systems impose this mandatory fsck ... after a certain number of reboots etc. ... ext3. ... beauty of open source software. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Journaling File System
    ... basically explaining that Reiser makes better use of unused CPU ... Ed is correct on the EXT3 being the only supported FS from the Redhat ... is to use JFS. ... alot of development on journalling file systems over the year. ...
    (RedHat)