Re: Major Bug? Edgy 'losing' swap file

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 00:04 +0100, Gregor Tudan wrote:
Hmm, funny, I experienced the same issue but thought it had something to
do with me messing with the partition table. I used "mkswap [/dev/hd*]"
to recreate the filesystem. Afterwards you need to mount it using
"swapon [/dev/hd*]".

That would cause it because when you recreated the filesysyem it got a
new UUID..
I didn't have any trouble since....

  • Re: Mounting ISO r/w
    ... > options I must give to mkisofs to recreate it. ... > I have to add and remove some files from the tree, ... of options on the 9660 filesystem. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Quick File Deletions?
    ... "Hajo Ehlers" wrote in message ... but would there then be a way to put the filesystem ... would then have to recreate the lv and then the fs, ... The equivalent of Solaris's newfs command, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: filesystem help
    ... Backup filesystem and recreate as soon as ossible. ... back up the filesystem, recreate it, and restore. ... Once you've made a verified backup, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Quick File Deletions?
    ... > would then have to recreate the lv and then the fs, ... Don't use rmfs. ... Just re-do the crfs command on the LV. ... That essentially reformats the LV and re-prepares it for filesystem ...
    (comp.unix.aix)