Remote MySQL connect
- From: marc <gmane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:10:03 -0000
What is the 'correct' way to configure MySQL for remote connections?
The db in question is running fine and can be accessed via phpmyadmin,
amongst other things.
The default my.cnf has:
bind-address - 127.0.0.1
When I comment this out (and restart the db), I can connect remotely -
so user/password and privs are fine) but this leaves the db wide open.
Say I want to provide remote access to 192.168.0.1. Can this be done via
MySQL's config or must it be done via the firewall and removing bind-
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: wireless settings
- Next by Date: Re: Kqemu: does it work on Edgy ?
- Previous by thread: Tweaking Thunderbird
- Next by thread: Re: Remote MySQL connect