Re: GNU Java vs. Sun Java: What's the difference, what is better?

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 23/12/06, Martin Marcher <martin.marcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 22.12.2006 um 20:01 schrieb Dotan Cohen:

What are the differences between the GNU and Sun Javas? I know that
Sun invented Java and that it was just made open source. But what I
need to know are what are the differences from a user's perspective?

referencing your next sentence you are not a normal user (university
work) most users don't even know what java is. And if your university
expects you to do homework/seminar/whatever work in java, save
yourself the hassle and use Sun's java.

Oh, university work is not considered normal? I didn't think so, either :)
I think that most people do in fact know what java is, at least those
who know what a mouse is, and what Firefox is. I don't consider the
uneducated-and-don't-want-to-learn as normal users.

Huh? _educated_ people still can't seem to grasp the difference between
Java and Javascript. So, no, normal users don't generally have a clue what
Java is. "Normal" users don't have a clue what programming languages are,
because "normal" users don't program.

--
derek